Finishing and Coatings
Our new generation product TeCoat-C, is a polyethylene based coating, with non ionic
properties and with a pH between 8 and 10, which offers the following advantages:
- Allows a versatile range of dilutions in water, ranging from 0,9% to 2% (usual values)
- A higher percentage of solid particles in the formulation, between 24% and 26%, permits the use of higher dilutions when comparing to standard products;
- Provides a slip angle between glass articles ranging from 10˚ to 12˚ (expected values
considering 1% dilution and 10l/h flow);
- Assigns a surface tension around 38 dyne/cm, adequate for the labelling with casein type glues;
- Good scratch resistance;
- Creates a uniform layer on the bottle surface, creating a clear and shiny aspect (depending on application conditions);
- Certified by TNO in terms of Food Contact;
- Approved by Heineken;
TeCoat-C is a standard for bottle coating, providing excellent results in terms of slip angle, scratch resistance surface tension and bottle aspect.
The ease of application, with a wide tolerance to external parameters, makes TeCoat-C the ideal product for most cold-end coating requirements.